Friday, September 24, 2010

Sooo Far

So far not a whole lot has happened in Andromeda Strain. I am over half done. It is really interesting and definitely holds my attention, I just assumed more action would be happening. Oh well. I might finish it tonight if a million other things don't distract me :)

I decided a couple nights ago that my other New Years Resolution is to write a novel. It doesn't need to be a long one or anything super epic. Just a novel. I have always wanted to be a writer of some sort. It is literally the only thing I have always wanted to be, since I can remember. That is part of why I started this blog, too. To sort of practice writing and to get back in the habit of making myself write. It seems like life just happens and I get so busy with things that writing never takes a front seat in the priority bus. I think it was J.D. Salinger who said that great writers write for at least 20 minutes every day no matter what. That doesn't sound hard, but for some reason it is.

I'm not too concerned about actually writing the novel, but coming up with awesome ideas and editing...damn. That will be hard. And time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment