Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Andromeda Strain

I had a super hard time deciding what to read next. I was debating between the following: Rebecca, This Side of Paradise, One Flow Over the Cuckoos Nest and Nightmare At 20,000 Feet. Somehow I ended up picking The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton (RIP).

Because of the lame book I just finished (Divine Misfortune), I really needed something great as a follow up. Generally, Michael Crichton is great. I have read most of his stuff and he is definitely one of my favorite authors. Other than Airframe, everything I have read by him is excellent. Jurassic Park? The Lost World? Congo? Prey? Timeline? All Classics!

The Andromeda Strain was published in 1969 and is about a team of scientists investigating a deadly microorganism that makes people go crazy, kill themselves and kill other people. Like most other Crichton novels, he was ahead of his time.

I have never seen the movies made after the novel. I will probably check them out after I read this.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment