Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hi!

I read a lot. After finishing a book I always write a review for it, but I never know what to say exactly... So the point of this blog is to review while reading. I will also be tracking my reading goals and stuff like that. So far in 2010 I have read 38 novels and am working on the 39th. I would like to read 46 books by the end of the year. I'm not sure how doable that is. I didn't set a goal at the beginning of 2010 for how many books to read, but for 2011 I definitely would like to read 50.

I don't want to go back and review everything I have already read this year. That would be a waste and would defeat the point of this blog...which again, is reviewing while reading. But I will post what I have read and give a two word description. And I will start reviewing what I'm reading now. Waiting for a new year to start this seems too far away!!!

It probably would be a good idea to give a little background info on myself. I live in Minnesota and have all my life. I think it's a great place for the most part. I live with my boyfriend in a townhouse we got this past spring. We have two Dachshunds and a cat. I love going for walks and being with my family. I am very low key. I like a relaxed and cozy lifestyle.

My favorite books are: Stardust by Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson, Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes, The Stranger by Albert Camus, Life of Pi by Yann Martel, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon, Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger and finally, Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Yeah... a very long list to just rattle off. I think it's important for people to know my favorites though. Favorite novels say a lot about a person. I should add that three of my favorite authors ever are Stephen King, Christopher Moore and Haruki Murakami, even though they don't have any novels I would call 'favorites'.

I'm not sure what else to say. So I will end this and post up the novels I have read in 2010 so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment