Monday, November 1, 2010

A Scanner Darkly & Stuff

Last night was not the Halloween I expected. We had three trick or treaters and everyone was a little bummed. My parents separating earlier in the day was the main reason for being bummed out. My dad just moved out that afternoon. Happy Halloween! But not super happy.  My parents are two of my best friends, so this sucks.

I am reading A Scanner Darkly by Phillip K. Dick next. I have never read any of his stuff and I don't know anything about this novel. It's science fiction though and it was also made into a movie that I never saw. I remember in high school my philosophy teacher really liked this movie or novel- I don't remember which. I never really read full out science fiction, but in my attempt to be removed from real life while I read, I figured scifi might be good.


I found out about a website called You Are What You Read and I want to recommend it. Celebrities and normal people post their five top favorite books. I love that idea! It will get kids to read things other than manga and Twilight.
My top five are:
What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment