Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving. Usually this day is super fun and full of family. This year it is kind of different though for my family. My parents are separated and I will only be seeing my mom. My boyfriend, his sister and I are all going over to my mom's house to play games, eat and watch Friends. It should be a really great time, but it's also kind of bittersweet. I have never had a holiday without my dad.
I have an unbelievable amount of things to be thankful for. The main thing being my life. Just a few months ago I was in the hospital with severe kidney failure. Only a couple years ago I had a cancer scare. Right now I am feeling healthy and well. I don't think I will ever take that feeling for granted again. Another very important thing I am thankful for is my family. Even though right now my parents are going through their thing, I still feel very stable, surrounded by love. My mom is my best friend. My boyfriend is amazing and patient and keeps me sane. My dad is a buddy and has helped me out of a lot of tough spots. And then my pets. Sonic, Nova, Chewie and Scout. I have always said I like animals better than most people. They are always there. They care about you no matter what. They are funny. They take naps with me. They are like my children. I try really hard to not take my family for granted. Sometimes I do though. When they are consistently there for me, it's hard not to. I love my family so much. I can't even begin to explain it.
I'm also thankful for a billion other things, but I don't feel like listing them all here :)

Now on to the reading thing! I am about a third done with The Amber Spyglass. It is taking me an insane amount of time to finish it for some reason. I suppose I'm just busy and tired. It's really good and whenever I get the chance to read I am enjoying it. The Nooks just got a new update and it is pretty awesome. The pages turn way faster and I can make lists of books, instead of just one huge list. If you don't have an ereader those probably sound like really stupid things, but they make a lot of difference!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment