Monday, November 15, 2010

Half Through


I am half done with The Subtle Knife, the second book in the His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman. So far I like it a lot, definitely more than The Golden Compass. This one gets into the action a lot quicker and the characters are a lot more fun. I am excited to see where it is going to go :) I am puzzled that these books are considered 'young adult'. They aren't. At least, I probably wouldn't want my young child reading these unless they were very mature. I think just because a novel has kids as main characters and animals as characters, people are quick to label it 'young adult'. That's a mistake.

I might read The Beach by Alex Garland next. Don't hold me to it. I'm pretty sure that is going to be a very dark book, and the way things are right now with my parents separation, I'm not sure if I want to deal with dark topics. I always have a hard time picking what to read next. I think it's because I have way too many books to choose from. At the moment I have about 200 books on my Nook. I also have about double that in paper and a bunch of eBooks that aren't on my Nook. Too many choices!!!

Here are funny exam answers
&
People who faked their deaths


The pictures in this entry are some of the covers I thought were odd for The Subtle Knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment