Monday, November 8, 2010

Interesting

Here is an article called 6 Books Everyone (Including Your English Teacher) Got Wrong


I love it, because I am always bothered by people who try to explain 'what the author was trying to say'. Especially when the author they are talking about is dead. No one truly knows what novels are a metaphor for or what they are trying to say, unless the author addresses this. And sometimes books are not a metaphor for anything. Things sometimes are just what they are. I think this is the problem I often ran into in school. Both k-12 and college. In English classes you always had to discuss what was really going on. I hate that. I hate picking apart books and making them more or less than what they actually are. It is one of my pet peeves. I haven't read any books on the list I posted, but it is still really interesting because of all the books I have read, where people try to explain what they are really about. Ugh!!!


I am about a third of the way through The Golden Compass and I am definitely liking it more the second time around. I don't remember much of it, either. So it seems new and fresh. I'm so happy it's good, because life sure is insane right now. My parents separation is in full swing and I am having issues. I feel so bad for all my friends who had to deal with this in high school and earlier. I am 22 and having huge troubles with it. No wonder my generation is so messed up. There is no way a teenager could deal with this and just get over it.

Here are some interesting facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment