Friday, October 29, 2010

Into the Wild: Wrap Up!

I loved Into the Wild. Loved it. It was something that I connected with on a strange level. It really struck a cord. While I think Chris McCandless definitely had a screw or two loose, I understand what he was going for. I think it is something almost everyone would like to do on some level... get away, live in nature. I mean, Chris had a lot more going on than just that, but it's an easy example. If you can't tell, I am having a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around my feelings. I am feeling quite passionate about Into the Wild, but I am not sure why. It' pretty baffling. I would say you just need to read it and form your own opinion. It is definitely a very unique and thought provoking book. And just as a side note, the movie is not very good at all compared to the book.

Rating: 10/10

I would like to recommend also reading Christopher McCandless just for fun. He is an interesting guy. Wikipedia has some good info on him, but www.christophermccandless.net has the best stuff. Especially pictures.
The Last photo taken of Chris. Very close to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment