Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Coyote Blue: Wrap Up! And Into the Wild!!!

So, I just finished Coyote Blue. It wasn't great. I would compare it to how I felt about Moore's novel Fluke. It was just not up to par with his other stuff. It wasn't super funny and it didn't have excellent characters. This doesn't put me off of Christopher Moore in any way. I still have to read his books Fool and Lamb. He is an awesome writer, and I have confidence those novels will be fun!

Up next is Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. It is about a young guy who decides to travel and ends up living in a bus in the Alaskan wilderness. I think most people know the story and how it ends. Krakauer based his book off of journals found in the bus and by talking to people who knew the guy. I am super excited to read this! It is a book I have had for a long time and have always been interested in. I saw the movie and was underwhelmed. I can't wait to start Into the Wild tonight!

If you didn't know, I live in Minnesota. I would say winter is definitely here. Today it snowed. Our barometric pressure dropped to level three hurricane lows. The wind has been blowing at 40 miles per hour. And lucky me, I have three dogs. One is a puppy who needs to go out every hour. I love the winter, but it seems too early for cold like this. I have a feeling we are going to pay big time for our lovely summer and fall.

Here are 10 common misconceptions. Such a fun article!

No comments:

Post a Comment