Friday, December 17, 2010

Double Feature

It's been a while since I blogged last. I don't have too many new and interesting things to say. There is still way too much happening in my life and all that kind of stuff. This weekend will be a nice break from work and stupid errands. It will also be extremely bittersweet. My family is celebrating Christmas early, and it will be the first time we are doing it as a broken family. Saturday for mom, Sunday for dad. I'm sure both days will be fun, but obviously in the back of my mind will be sadness. This is the first time in my life I have wanted the holidays to just be over already!

Horns: A NovelYesterday I finished Horns by Joe Hill. It was awesome! I think it is one of those rare novels that basically anyone can enjoy. Joe Hill is a great writer. He is nothing like his dad (Stephen King, who I adore). This is not a scary or suspenseful novel. It is more so an examination of life. It is at times sad, but always humorous. I give it a big fat 10/10.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Stories (Penguin Classics)I also read The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald yesterday. I was a big fan of the movie. It kind of cracks me up that the movie was based on this short story. They are nothing alike. The story is a silly little narration of a totally different Benjamin Button than the one you get to know in the movie. It is an interesting little read and the writing is very good and neat. No denying that F. Scott Fitzgerald was a brilliant writer. If you have ever has a curiosity about reading this, go for it. It will take you an hour max and it is fun. 7/10.

I think I will be reading Misery by Stephen King next. I need to read something gripping and scary and something that is detached from my life. Stephen King is usually a good way to go for that sort of thing :) Looks like this year I will have read 55 novels. Not bad, if I say so myself. I have a pretty neat blog in store for New Years and I am excited to start working on it. Hopefully it turns out the way I'm picturing it! Before that though, you will see a review of Misery!

No comments:

Post a Comment