Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010's Year In Books

As this year is winding down, I thought it would be a good time for my final entry of 2010. This year has been hands down the year of change.I'm expecting next year to be similar in that way, but probably in a happier way. In 2010 me and my boyfriend bought a house and moved in together. I was in severe kidney failure for a few days. My parents are getting divorced. We got a new dog. And a whole lot more. 

My original plan was for this blog to be my New Years resolution. That is no longer the case, because I am so used to it already. I still want to push myself to read more than this year and to expand what I read. On top of that though, I would like to just be a better me. I want to do more. Try more things. Grow. My mom suggested instead of a resolution, pick a word to represent 2011. I think my word is grow. If 2010 has taught me anything, it is that nothing is concrete. So live the best you can while you can. Take everything in and appreciate it. If something is wrong, change it. 

And now on to the point of this blog... books!!!
I read 55 novels in 2010 and they are:

1.Twilight-Stephenie Meyer
2.New Moon-Stephenie Meyer
3.Eclipse-Stephenie Meyer
4.Breaking Dawn-Stephenie Meyer
5.A Dirty Job-Christopher Moore
6.Bloodsucking Fiends-Christopher Moore
7.Ring-Koji Suzuki
8.World War Z-Max Brooks
9.Norwegian Wood-Haruki Murakami
10.Molokai-Alan Brennert
11.The Dolphin People-Torsten Krol
12.Mathilda Savitch-Victor Lotado
13.Beatrice and Virgil-Yann Martel
14.Shutter Island-Dennis Lehane
15.The Boy with the Cuckoo Clock Heart-Mathias Malzieu
16.Blaze-Stephen King
17.Notes on a Scandal-Zoe Heller
18.Insomnia-Stephen King
19.The Killer Inside Me-Jim Thompson
20.Veronica-Nicholas Christopher
21.1984-George Orwell
22.Island of the Sequined Love Nun-Christopher Moore
23.The Wind in the Willows-Kenneth Grahame
24.Asleep-Banana Yoshimoto
25.A Stir of Echoes-Richard Matheson
26.What Dreams May Come-Richard Matheson
27.The Most Dangerous Game-Richard Connell
28.You Suck: a love story-Christopher Moore
29.Bite Me: a love story-Christopher Moore
30.The Stupidest Angel-Christopher Moore
31.Committed-Elizabeth Gilbert
32.The Princess Bride-William Goldman
33.The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo-Stieg Larsson
34.Fluke-Christopher Moore
35.Coraline-Neil Gaiman
36.Thirteen Reasons Why-Jay Asher
37.Kafka on the Shore-Haruki Murakami
38.Bad Things Happen-Harry Dolan
39.Salem's Lot-Stephen King 
40.The Moon Is Down-John Steinbeck 
41.Divine Misfortune-A. Lee Martinez 
42.The Andromeda Strain-Michael Crichton 
43.Still Missing-Chevy Stevens 
44.Room-Emma Donoghue 
45.Practical Demonkeeping-Christopher Moore 
46.The Lust Lizard Of Melancholy Cove-Christopher Moore 
47.Coyote Blue-Christopher Moore 
48.Into the Wild-John Krakauer 
49.Good Omens-Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett 
50.The Golden Compass-Phillip Pullman 
51.The Subtle Knife-Phillip Pullman 
52.The Amber Spyglass-Phillip Pullman 
53.Horns-Joe Hill 
54.The Curious Case of Benjamin Button-F. Scott Fitzgerald 
55.Misery-Stephen King

Out of those I have some favorites and some that I really hated. Here they are in no particular order:

Best
  • Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
  • Beatrice and Virgil by Yann Martel
  • Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller
  • What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson
  • Bite Me: A Love Story by Christoper Moore
  • The Stupidest Angel by Christoper Moore
  • Still Missing by Chevy Stevens
  • Room by Emma Donoghue
  • Into the Wild by John Krakauer
  • Practical Demonkeeping by Christoper Moore
  • Horns by Joe Hill

Worst
  • Molokai by Alan Brennert
  • The Dolphin People by Torsten Krol
  • Mathilda Savitch by Victor Lotado
  • The Boy with the Cuckoo Clock Heart by Mathias Malzieu
  • Veronica by Nicholas Christoper
  • The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
  • Fluke by Christoper Moore
  • Divine Misfortune by A. Lee Martinez
  • Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
  • Coyote Blue by Christoper Moore
I'm really looking forward to everything 2011 has to bring. I hope it is filled with peace, relaxation, love, fun and good health. 
Happy New Year!!!
Fireworks=Extravaganza!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment