Monday, January 3, 2011

About a Boy

About a Boy (Movie Tie-In)I am half way through About a Boy by Nick Hornby and much to my surprise, I am loving it. I thought it was going to be okay, but it is actually really funny and awesome. Kind of touching. I'm excited to see where it ends up going.

Today kicks off my first totally gluten free day of the year. I am not supposed to have gluten or white things (such as white rice, white potatoes, white sugar). It is a huge pain in the ass, but I feel ten million times healthier after eating the way I am supposed to for a couple days. This year I want to try my very hardest to eat right. Gluten intolerance sucks a lot, but feeling icky sucks way more. I know I can't have gluten based on what a nutritionist I saw told me. Then about a week ago my mom saw a psychic and she said the same thing about me. Kind of weird, huh? It just got me thinking that I probably should take my health more seriously.

In the past few days I have gotten a bunch of new novels. About 18! I am really looking forward to reading them all. Getting new books always makes me super antsy and excited! Some of the new ones I am really looking forward to reading are:
  • Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow...although it's written like a poem or something, so I'm not sure what I think of that.
  • This Perfect Day by Ira Levin. I have always wanted to read his stuff and this is a good start.
  • Black Swan Green by David Mitchell. No idea what this one if about. It was up for a Man Booker award, usually only good books get that.
  • The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley. 
I'm not sure what I plan on reading next, but it may be one of those. Picking what to read next is unreasonably hard when you have lots of good stuff to pick from :) I'm so lucky to have that as a problem.

I would like to mention that I am watching Modern Family right now and it is so funny! My boyfriend and I never really got into it, but we just got season one on DVD and loved it. It's the kind of show I can watch over and over. Like Friends, Gilmore Girls or South Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment