Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Keeping it Short

MILROSE MUNCE AND THE DEN OF PROFESSIONAL HELPI finished Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help. A very pretentious little book. It seemed really forced... like it was trying to be really unique and off the beaten path. Unfortunately, I think it failed. I know it was supposed to be funny. Some parts of it were, but mostly it was annoying. The best I can say about it really is that, being a young adult novel, kids who read it will learn some big and new words. A lot of adults will too. It was readable, just not great. Too bad...
Rating: 4/10
How I Live Now
Tonight (hopefully) I will be starting How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff. Another young adult novel. I wanted to read one of her other novels, I'm forgetting the name of it, but for some reason I picked this one. So, I suppose in hindsight, that was weird of me. Anyways, this one is supposed to be about a teen girl in England between wars. It also has something with incest. Lets be honest here, I really don't know what it's about.

On a totally unrelated note, what the hell is Chris Brown doing on Dancing with the Stars? He is a moron and is despicable person. Yuck. I am pretty grossed out that ABC is having him after his sick little rant on Good Morning America. Way to support a disgrace of a human, ABC. Boo. Also, his lip-syncing is HORRIBLE.

"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking.  There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. " -J.C. Watts

"Don't try to be different.  Just be good.  To be good is different enough." -Arthur Freed

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." -James D. Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment