Saturday, February 19, 2011

Preparing for the Snow

"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event.  You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?"  -J.B. Priestley

Tomorrow Minnesota is supposed to get a blizzard. Specifically the part of MN where I live. So that's awesome...kind of. I am getting kind anxious for summer. I want to start running and going for walks! And I'm pretty sure my dogs feel the same way. I love the snow, but I also love being outside in nice weather.

I finished I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced. It was really good, but very bittersweet. I think the length of this book was just right. Any longer and it would have gotten draggy.
Rating:6/10

I also started reading The Neon Bible by John Kennedy Toole, got about 3/4 way done with it and had to stop. It was so boring and nothing was developing. I usually do this a couple times per year. I just can't handle boring books. So that was a bummer. I really wanted to like it.
For what I did read of it, I give it 2/10

Psycho: A NovelNow I am reading Psycho by Robert Bloch. I just got to the shower scene, which in the novel turned out to not be much of a scene at all. So far it is almost identical to the original movie. I am enjoying it, but I think I might like the movie better. We'll see :) This is also the first paper book I have read in months. Probably close to a year. It feels weird. I prefer my Kindle :)

It seems like maybe I am in a little book funk right now. I haven't loved the past couple and I just feel really busy with life. It happens. The next few books I'm reading are paper books because they aren't made in e-book format yet. They are all by new authors and stuff (new to me).

I just ate some Liz Lovely gluten-free coconut & lemon cookies. They were AMAZING. If you want to try a gluten free/vegan cookie, I recommended these. Yum! Yum! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment