Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Psycho & Big Fish


I finished Psycho. I thought it was well done. The novel is much more cohesive than the movie, although they are very similar. I liked this novel for the same reason I like Dashiell Hammet's novels and others written around this time in similar genres- they get to the point and keep the ball rolling. The characters never develop into 'real' people, but they develop enough to keep the story going. It's a nice piece of light reading.
Rating:8/10

Just this afternoon I finished Big Fish by Daniel Wallace. At first I wasn't so sure whether I liked it or not, but after about 30 pages I was hooked. This is a marvelous little novel. It is more charming than it should be and so optimistic. I really enjoyed it. So far this year I have read 16 novels and this is definitely one of the very best so far.I hope it has staying power. I think everyone should read this! It is such a fun read. Much better than the movie, which I never really cared for.
Rating:10/10

I'm not too sure what I am going to read next. I was thinking In the Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami, but I don't think so... Something more whimsical sounds about right. I will have to figure it out :)

Have a good night everyone!

Do not forget little kindnesses and do not remember small faults.
-Chinese Proverb
 

No comments:

Post a Comment