Thursday, March 24, 2011

Smokey Robinson & Bed Rest

So here is something that sucks: I am still sick. This pneumonia just will not abate. I had to miss yet another week of work. I feel so bad! I went in for my shift Tuesday and immediately realized that being there was a mistake. Thankfully I work with understanding people who gave me the rest of the week off. I still feel bad though. My checking account will also feel bad. What can you do though? Just get better, I guess.

The good things about being home sick are that I get to be with my dogs and I get to drink a lot of delicious juice that I would never drink otherwise. Other than those things though, nothing is very good about this. I can't really even read more than normal because I am so flipping tired all the time. When I do have energy I basically just stare at the T.V.

The Pact: A Love Story (P.S.)I did finished The Pact by Jodi Picoult today. So that was kind of productive. For being sick at least... I really liked it. The last half was basically unputdownable. I'm very surprised. I didn't expect to enjoy a Jodi Picoult book. I'm not sure if I will read more of her stuff, but this was definitely good. My one critique is that the ending was a little sappy for my taste. That's okay. We can all use a little sap once in a while.
Rating: 8/10

MILROSE MUNCE AND THE DEN OF PROFESSIONAL HELPUp next I am reading Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help by Douglas Anthony Cooper. I got this book a long time ago and totally forgot about it. It is a young adult novel about a boy who talks to dead people and has to see a psychologist. It is supposed to be really funny and awesome. Ideally I picture it being a bit like Neil Gaiman style. That would be nice...

The Silent Land: A novelI also wanted to say that I loved The Silent Land by Graham Joyce. I finished it earlier this week and rated it, but didn't review it. It was so different and creepy. I could not put it down and immediately bought a couple more novels by Joyce. It was a super refreshing take on creepiness. The story was really neat too. I believe it is considered a horror/fantasy novel. I don't think that is accurate though. You can't really place it in a category. Kind of hard to explain, but it's true.


Have a good evening everyone!

"A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book."  -Irish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment